Senior Business Development Manager - Staffing Industry
400 Trade Center Suite 5900 Woburn, MA 01801 US
Our client, a nationwide leader in staffing & recruiting services, is seeking an experienced Sr. Business Development Manager to join their internal team to drive new revenue growth in the Boston market.
As a Sr. Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for end-to-end client staffing solutions and account management. A successful Sr. Business Development Manager not only generates new business but builds relationships and brings in additional revenue through new and established clients. The goal is to cultivate successful long-term relationships with our clients by matching the right people with the right organizations. The roles range from contract, contract to hire, and direct hire positions.
- Consistently generating and increasing revenues through new and existing clients.
- Prospect for new business opportunities through research, networking, and outreach.
- Generate new business through various methods including telephone calls, face-to-face meetings, referrals, networking, etc.
- Organize and/or attend industry events, networking. events/organizations and successfully expand and maintain an existing client base.
- Drive customer acquisition and expansion, focusing on both business development activities as well as account management through managing, directing, and working effectively with the recruiting teams.
- Develops strong relationships with clients' hiring managers by understanding their business and staffing needs and ensuring we are meeting their expectations.
- Coordinate discovery calls to analyze client needs and to make staffing recommendations.
- Own the relationship with the client - drive the entire sales cycle and manage client.
- Pursue opportunities to expand scope and services.
- Build relationships with consultants on assignments with clients to monitor engagement and develop a deeper understanding of the client.
- Offers customized workforce solutions to clients by collaborating across teams/brands to leverage the full suite of staffing solutions.
- Collaborate with delivery team to effectively meet the needs of clients.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior-level sales and recruiting team members.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date sales records and pipeline information in CRM software.
- The candidate must have a proven track record of outstanding sales performance and a well-defined approach for hunting and closing new business.
- Must be self-motivated, driven, and able to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Must have a proven track record in prospecting, establishing, and maintaining profitable account relationships selling staffing services.
- Must have an established book of business.
- Ability to overcome objections, identify buying signals, close the deal.
- Experience with face-to-face sales. Understand the value of a handshake.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated quota achievement in selling staffing services.
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Experience in positioning and selling staffing solutions to new customers and new market segments.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership.
- Experience with CRM software, ATS software, and sales reporting.
- A minimum of 3+ years of staffing agency experience in sales and/or business development role is required.
- Bachelor's degree Preferred.
Base salary + aggressive commissions.
Job Number 6689
MeeDerby is an executive search firm uniquely dedicated to serving the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters who have worked in staffing find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.