Sales Team Leader, Federal IT Services - Staffing
3033 Wilson Blvd. , Suite 480 Arlington, VA 22201 US
Sales Team Leader, Federal IT Services, Staffing - Arlington, VA
MUST HAVE IT STAFFING EXPERIENCE
SALES TEAM LEADER needed for our client, who is dedicated to providing IT services and solutions to the Federal Government by mobilizing the right people, skills, clearance levels, and technologies to help organizations who desire improved performance and modern, sustainable change.
They have provided quality IT services and support to 27 Federal Agencies and multiple commercial customers across 41 states nationwide. Their capabilities include digital transformation, software development, cloud migration, applications & infrastructure, cybersecurity, data delivery & analytics, and IT talent solutions.
- The Sales Team Leader position is a player/coach position and reports directly to the C-level.
- Perform the day-to-day leadership of a Federal IT services sales team and will lead by example of identifying, qualifying, negotiating, and winning staffing subcontract awards within the Federal IT services space.
- Responsible for training, leading, motivating, and enabling individual sales team members to achieve their financial and headcount quotas by setting the example, teaching, mentoring, and participating in their individual and team sales motions.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding all financial objectives for the Federal IT services subcontract sales team, while also achieving personal quota and driving the sales team towards operational excellence.
- Manage and measure sales growth targets to ensure the team is productive and add to organizational success on a continuous basis.
- Responsible for developing the team structure by hiring, coaching, developing, and retaining a diverse, high-performing Federal IT services subcontract sales team.
- A player-coach and reports directly to the C-level.
- As a key voice within the leadership team, you are a total team player with the self-awareness, experience, confidence, and leadership ability to understand when to lead, when to coach and when to support the decisions of others.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience leading federal IT staffing subcontract sales must reside and work in the DC/VA metro area.
- 7+ years of professional sales experience in Federal subcontract IT services and/or the Federal IT services staffing industry.
- 5+ years of experience using Customer Relationship Management and Applicant Tracking Software systems.
- 3+ years of experience leading a Federal IT services staffing subcontract sales team.
- Ability to be somewhat-technical, ideally in one or more areas; cloud, software, cyber, ERP, and/or business intelligence (data).
- Ability to fully explain, demonstrate, and teach the subcontractor IT services sales process from end-to-end.
- Experience with cleared IT positions (cleared to the Top Secret level).
- Expert level of sales leadership, specifically in facilitating Program Manager level relationships within prime contractors.
- Strong understanding of the sales to talent acquisition/recruiting process with a similarly strong understanding of how recruiting/talent acquisition teams support the sales organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a very fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Must have an analytical, data-centric mindset and be able to analyze and forecast sales trends and lead/own the sales organization “by the numbers”.
- Experience using Microsoft Suite.
- A demonstrated IT services sales leader who understands the importance of leading by example.
- Strong organization, presentation, and planning skills and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Compensation- Mid six figure + depending on experience
Contact Jill@meederby.com for immediate consideration
Job Number 6839
MeeDerby is an executive search firm uniquely dedicated to serving the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters who have worked in staffing find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.