Managing Director, Medical and Life Sciences Practice - Staffing
8989 Rio San Diego Dr Suite 370 San Diego, CA 92108
Managing Director, Medical and Life Sciences Practice - San Diego, CA
Are you looking to align yourself with the career leader in Staffing?
With unprecedented growth in the staffing industry there is no better time to join this innovative organization. This is a great opportunity to elevate your career and scope of responsibilities.
The Managing Director plans, directs and controls all phases of successful operation within the branch. Assists with the preparation and achievement of annual business plan. Develops staff members so that each member of the staff is fully trained and utilized to the optimum level. Performs sales and customer service activities with assigned clients . Develops and maintains high-level name awareness through the use of advertising and public relations.
- Manages the process of recruiting and hiring branch sales and service staff. Coaches staff in sales and customer service techniques. Provides development and career opportunity for branch staff.
- Directs and oversees sales, account management and recruiting activities.
- Identifies, pursues and develops new accounts through awareness of local market(s), competitor activities and community growth plans. Establishes rapport and continually develops current accounts with key clients. May assist sales force with newly developed clients.
- Schedules and conducts regular staff meetings. Audits and monitors the activities of the staff to ensure the branch(s) are providing optimum service levels.
- Monitors the branch’ s workers’ compensation and unemployment claims to minimize the Branch’ s exposure and resulting expenses. Ensures that all federal, state, local notices and licenses are current and posted.
- Develops and implements branch revenue and expense forecasts. Establishes a budget and assists with the development of short and long range growth plans for the branch(s).
- Maintains communication with Corporate departments and other district offices.
- Prepares and administers the district' s budget, and prepares appropriate management reports for Executive review.
- Reviews and approves all expense reports, purchases, invoices, time? off requests, timeslips, and other paperwork relating to district operations.
- Surveys clients regarding perception of service. Emphasizes quality and service. Identifies opportunities for further growth of existing accounts.
- Utilizes corporate sponsored direct mail, advertising and promotional activities to increase knowledge of in the local market. Identifies and develops local opportunities for increase exposure, *such as, clubs and job fairs). Negotiates contracts with local advertising sources.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of economic trends and changes affecting local businesses. Maintains records of competitors in the area that display their respective shares of the market locations, services and benefits offered.
- Sets and monitors pay and bill rates based on skill categories. Ensures proper credit references are obtained and client credit limits are established according to guidelines. Performs collection of all outstanding accounts receivable.
- Able to set own priorities, schedule days events, make cold calls, prepare and give formal presentations.
- Must have working knowledge of labor and employment laws.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Able to handle multiple problems simultaneously.
- Must be able to travel extensively within territory with occasional travel in the region and division.
- Must have excellent problem solving, organizational, interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Able to continuously improve processes and procedures.
Must have Staffing Industry experience - preferred Medical/Life Science/Healthcare but will see out of any Professional Vertical
6 Figure+ incentive
Job Number 4956
Mee Derby is an executive search firm uniquely dedicated to serving the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters who have worked in staffing find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.