Director of Business Development - Government Services and IT Staffing
District of Columbia, DC 20001
Business Development Manager - Government Services and IT Staffing - Washington, DC
Our client, a highly respected, industry leader in IT Staffing and Solutions needs a demonstrated leader with a history of consultative delivery and sales acumen in the Federal Government arena.
This individual would be responsible to develop and drive a national Government Services strategy and monitor, analyze, & report on key governmental policies pertaining to technology with an impact to our client' s value add.
This individual must live and work in either the DC/Belt Way corridor with an expectation to travel up to 50% when deemed necessary.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong Staffing/Services history in a leadership capacity providing services to the Federal and Local Government Agencies and Government Integrators.
- An expert level of sales in facilitating C-Suite relationships within integrators, agencies, and contract partners. A history of influencing decision makers by articulating the value of service to client businesses.
- Experience in developing and driving execution on a national strategy coordinated regionally.
- Experience in developing and executing an effective advocacy strategy to advance the Government Services footprint.
- Experience in harvesting lessons learned and ensure best practices are documented and shared within and beyond the team while contributing to methodology and other areas of the practice
- Experience as a strategic business leader who understands the importance of leading by example and of being both player and coach.
- Ability to gain trust across internal and external functional leaders - extremely collaborative.
- A history of business development in identifying & creating opportunities. This includes building partnerships with third-party providers and integrators to offer strategic solutions.
- The ability to build partnerships internally to support the Government Services business and to foresee and articulate trends in the Federal space.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent business experience.
- Interest or experience leading and developing an Account Management team.
- At least 6 years of professional selling experience in Government sales.
- Be seen as an industry expert.
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding objectives and quotas.
- Successful experience at new account development or large account management.
- Proven prospecting and sales cycle management skills.
- High levels of social perceptiveness and customer service.
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
What you will get:
- Competitive base salary + uncapped commission Average promotion in four months.
- Monthly car and cell phone allowance.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Performance-based incentives including bonuses & annual, all-expense paid trip Holidays and three weeks paid time off.
- Opportunity to earn internal company shares Retirement savings plan with company match.
? Job Number 5196
Mee Derby is an executive search firm uniquely dedicated to serving the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters who have worked in staffing find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.