Director of Business Development, Staffing Industry - Remote
865 Governor Bridge Rd Davidsonville, MD 21035 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
We are looking for a Director of Business Development, a sales professional who understands the staffing industry and has a demonstrated track record of exceeding goals in B2B sales. An experienced business development professional, someone who can prioritize and align internal development initiatives with market requirements. The candidate must have a demonstrated track record of leading strategic initiatives across functional business units (e.g., product, engineering, marketing, sales). The candidate must also have demonstrated success in B2B and partnership sales.
This individual will have a proven track record in winning complex technology solutions or workforce development deals. This individual must be a highly effective executive who excels in a fast-paced, dynamic, rapidly growing entrepreneurial environment. They must have a strong track record of driving company-wide strategic initiatives and bring sound business judgment and strategic insight as a senior leader.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Listening to clients’ needs and uncovering new opportunities and partnerships.
- Understanding the competitive landscape and helping to differentiate our offerings.
- Formulating talent development solution offerings and integrating them into the direct sales GTM portfolio.
- Providing insight and feedback to internal teams to improve the marketability of our resources.
- Building a pipeline of wholesale partnerships with IT/digital services firms and systems integrators and grow our talent development business for in-house software development teams (primarily Fortune 1000).
- Supporting the direct sales team in closing talent development solutions as a strategic overlay.
- Overseeing deal-specific negotiations to progress business development opportunities and ensure that they are within budget and leading to referenceable outcomes.
- Improving how we sell and deliver by bringing best practices from your past experiences.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 to 7 years of business development experience.
- Executive presence and the ability to lead through complex and undefined opportunities.
- Demonstrated track record of commercial achievements leading to overall revenue and profitability growth.
- High intellectual and emotional intelligence with the ability to influence employees throughout the entire company.
- Demonstrated experience of driving change and focusing company recourse on key strategic initiatives.
- Prior experience leading end-to-end initiatives, from generating to closing, with the ability to engage C-level executives throughout.
- Ability to execute a complex end-to-end sales process.
- Superb time management, judgment, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Expert high-impact communication and presentation capabilities.
Job Number 6755
MeeDerby is an executive search firm uniquely dedicated to serving the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters who have worked in staffing find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.