Controller, IT Staffing
2 Greenway Plaza Suite 510 Houston, TX 77046 US
Controller, IT Staffing - Houston, TX
Must have 7-10 years staffing industry or professional services experience in accounting operations.
Must be able to office in Houston.
Our client established in 1997 and privately held with PE backing, has been helping the world’s leading organizations execute their most ambitious IT projects, through a White Labeled IT Professional Services offering. They work as an extension to their client's teams, providing IT resources. The Controller would have 3-5 direct reports on the accounting team, with responsibility for banking relationships, presenting financial information to shareholders and other outside interests, as well as negotiating with outside vendors including their healthcare and benefits team. Will report directly to the CEO.
The Controller manages the finance, accounting, and contracts departments providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future. Performs monthly and year end closing activities, coordinates and executes company audit with outside provider, defines business policies and procedures, and retains documentation of all accounting transactions. This position ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversees the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, bank reports, auditor requests, and annual budgets.
- Analyze performance on weekly and monthly basis including preparing a summary of each month’s divisional P&L performance.
- Assist the managers in the structured planning process including annual business planning and quarterly reviews.
- Handle business affairs of company including negotiating vendor contracts, leases, insurance renewals, bank lines etc.
- Help management in special initiatives including M&A analysis, bid pricing structures, review/negotiate client agreements as well as assisting in RFP submissions.
- Oversees / performs cash outflow activities, including accounts payable entry and validation, review and final approval of employee expense reports, preparing cash disbursements, payroll processing and corporate tax compliance.
- Work closely with outside vendors, customers, consultants and internal employees.
- Teachinternal employees gross profit, gross margin and expenses and how to manage it from a sales perspective.
What you bring:
- Controller/Finance exp. From a Staffing or Professional Services Firm.
- 10+ years of finance/accounting experience with 5+ years of management experience.
- CPA, BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
This is a strong 6 figure compensation plan with base + bonus and reports directly to the President/CEO.
Job Number 6759
MeeDerby is an executive search firm uniquely dedicated to serving the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters who have worked in staffing find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.