Chief Operating Officer, Staffing Industry
Charlotte, NC 28210 US
Must Have Staffing Industry experience. This is an in office position
Our client, a women owned, privately held, growing organization needs a COO who will be responsible for overseeing all operational activities of the organization and ensuring that business objectives are met.
Analyze and evaluate current operational processes, develop strategies to improve efficiency, and manage projects and resources. Additionally, be responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures that support the organization's objectives and be the key driver of the company’s strategic growth and will work directly with the CEO to execute the company vision and achieve successful and sustainable growth for the company.
- Lead the strategic planning effort.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Leadership Team to develop business plans, strategy and roadmaps and be able to translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth.
- Evaluate and advise on how to best operationalize new business opportunities as they arise.
- Drive profitable innovation, improvement, and growth in the company’s operations.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Implement operational planning and goal setting across all functional areas.
- Analyze and evaluate programs, policies, business process changes, and other opportunities using financial and operational analyses and be able to present findings to the CEO and others to drive results.
- Evaluate company, team, and process performance by analyzing and interpreting data. Develop a comprehensive overall company "status" report with recommendations for change.
- Drive change using project management disciplines incorporating needs for outside support, internal team support, new technology, or new processes.
- Ensure all key processes are developed, documented and trained to employees.
- Identify and drive improvement in gross profit, EBITDA and cash flow through efficiency and productivity.
- Collaborate with the Controller to develop the annual budget by providing key inputs, reviewing output, and approving the budget for presentation to the CEO.
- Closely monitor regulatory compliance, insurance coverage and claims, contract language, and any legal proceedings to ensure issues are properly handled and the company’s interests are safeguarded.
- Oversee and advocate for technology initiatives, ensuring tech stack is optimized and secure.
- Create and staff an organizational structure focused on utilizing employees’ strengths to achieve the growth and productivity goals of the organization.
- Build a highly inclusive service-focused culture, ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met. Ensure that the company vision, mission and core values are evident in every employee’s daily work.
- Work with the managers to set performance standards for themselves and their teams. Develop KPI’s and reporting requirements. Identify key objectives for leaders and ensure they are accomplished.
- Actively identify management training gaps and needs and encourage managers to do the same for their direct reports. Engage training and coaching as needed to develop employees.
- Oversee internal hiring process to ensure new employees are well-suited to their roles, and properly introduced to the company and their roles through a proper orientation process.
- Lead the Monthly Meeting.
Education and experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in senior/executive operation management role, preferably in a staffing firm.
- Leadership experience with direct responsibility for forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, and partnership development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or accounting; master’s degree preferred.
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Staffing ATS and Client Relationship Management software skills are a plus.
- Aggressive compensation commensurate with experience.
Job Number 6603
MeeDerby is an executive search firm uniquely dedicated to serving the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters who have worked in staffing find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.