Business Development Executive - Staffing
100 South Missouri Ave. Clearwater, FL 33756 US
Business Development Executive, Staffing - Tampa Bay
Will consider candidates that are able to relocate to the Tampa Bay area.
This position will promote sales and client retention through excellent customer service by identifying and developing new business through the full cycle sales of staffing services in an assigned territory.
This position, under limited supervision, reports to the President and does not supervise other positions.
- Prospects for new job orders through outside sales, cold calling, networking, marketing, presentations, and follow-up communications.
- Screens prospects to identify qualified leads for new business development.
- Learns client’s businesses to determine needs, wants, and budget to effectively apply knowledge of the company's services and find innovative solutions.
- Negotiates and closes orders.
- Manages accounts by building and maintaining client relationships to achieve work-related goals.
- Collaborates with Staffing Coordinators to ensure that accounts sold are consistent with service resources and candidate pool, as well as to market candidates to clients.
- Maintains written documentation of sales and reports activity.
- Focuses on results and self-evaluates performance to improve sales results.
- Travels to office and worksite locations of potential and current clients. Employee is regularly engaged away from the office and requires a significant amount of local travel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Knowledge of business-to-business staffing sales.
- Knowledge of company services and products.
- Knowledge of geography of community.
- Skill to negotiate and sell.
- Skill to be organized, give attention to detail, and exercise follow up.
- Skill to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Skill to establish and maintain filing systems, format, proofread, edit documents, and perform calculations.
- Skill to manage multiple projects.
- Skill to use and compose clear, comprehensive, and accurate verbal and written communication and reports.
- Skill to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to be effective when working independently or cooperatively as a team member.
- Ability to consistently project a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to interface with multiple departments, multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to listen carefully and respond to or refer customer requests and problems with diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain diplomatic customer/client relations.
- Ability to process, interpret, and communicate complex information and data.
- Ability to project an outgoing and service focused personality.
- Ability to use discretion in dealing with confidential matters and information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and possess a sense of urgency.
- Two (2) years direct business to business sales.
- At least one (1) year of recruiting and/or staffing industry experience.
- Proven success selling managed services for staffing and/or consulting firms.
- A history of exceeding individual goals while enhancing winning teams.
- Possesses a stellar work ethic and unparalleled sense of commitment.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Florida driver’s license.
Email us to apply for consideration.
Job Number 6496
MeeDerby is an executive search firm uniquely dedicated to serving the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters who have worked in staffing find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.