Branch Manager, Temporary Staffing Division
11451 Katy Freeway Suite 508 Houston, TX 77079 US
Our client, a women owned privately held Regional Texas Staffing firm needs a true Branch Manager, responsible for hiring and training branch staff, as well as leading teams through strategizing on how to cultivate individual and branch success. Oversee branch operations, work with branch clients and candidates, and help to expand the branch network.
- Develop annual business plan that establishes yearly branch goals, key initiatives and a detailed plan for each team members’ success in the overall goal. Goals will be broken down by week/month/ quarter/ year.
- Oversees and coordinates all operations of the branch.
- Supervise all branch employees.
- Hires staff and heads up the staff onboarding and training process in conjunction with Human Resources and Training Managers.
- Provides feedback that are timely and constructive for direct reports and recommendations for promotion and salary adjustment as appropriate.
- Conduct weekly department meetings and regular 1:1 meeting with staff to ensure growth and success of the branch and ongoing coaching for development of team members.
- Identify training needs and opportunities; develops and implements a plan for meeting those needs.
- Invested in personal and professional growth for each person on team.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with existing and prospective clients, demonstrating excellent customer service and setting an example for other staff.
- Create and implement strategies to improve productivity and sales performance in effort to achieve the financial targets of the branch.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Directors and other Branch Managers regarding advertising, marketing, and growth campaigns.
- Participate in networking events and job fairs to promote the organization and to build goodwill.
- Collaborate with fellow branch managers and regional directors to set performance standards. Standards may be based on financial and operational goals and required compliance with internal, local, state, and federal policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Conduct regular weekly staff meetings along with morning huddles to ensure that goals and objectives are clearly communicated with branch staff; provides guidance and leadership to enable staff to meet these goals and objective.
- Ability to be on-call after hours/weekends to handle branch and client needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership and management skills with an emphasis in sales, customer service and interpersonal skills and demonstrating attention to detail.
- Highly organized with time and team management.
- An eagerness to grow the branch.
- Reasoning and analytical ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to explain complex concepts verbally and written while synthesizing diverse information.
- Provides regular communication with management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Intermediate computer knowledge, particularly comfortable and proficient with Excel and other software.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills, and conducts meetings.
- Empowers staff by including team in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement, provides regular performance feedback and develops subordinates’ skills and growth.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement, staff skill development and training with an emphasis in accuracy and thoroughness.
- Displays emotional intelligence by willingly making decisions in the best interest of the Company.
- Professionally maintains composure and effectiveness under pressure while adapting to change and setting the tone for the Company.
- Prioritizes work activities exhibiting time management and developing realistic action plans. Identify risks and propose alternative structures to mitigate risks.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Strong individual contributor and team player with little or no supervision.
- At least three years of direct management experience responsible for direct reports required with at least one year as an assistant branch manager or branch manager experience highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of business office operations and administrator functions preferred and must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload. Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment and random drug test.
Six figure opportunity. Base with upside incentive.
Job Number 6729
MeeDerby is an executive search firm uniquely dedicated to serving the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters who have worked in staffing find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.