Market Manager, Commercial Staffing
5250 East Terrace Drive Suite 106 Madison, WI 53703
This role sits in Madison, Wisconsin. They will relocate the right candidate!
Do you want to join a progressive, privately-owned staffing company in a key leadership role over multiple branch locations? Do you want to take on responsibility for overall financial performance and day-to-day operations and create long-term strategies to improve success? This could be your opportunity.
Under the direction of the Regional Director, the Market Manager is responsible for the overall financial performance, day-to-day operations, and supervisory management of one or more branch offices and its employees.
The Market Manager develops annual budgets, tracks branch goals, creates long-term sourcing strategies to improve the branch’ s candidate pipeline, and generates sales leads by building and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients. They are responsible for hiring, developing, coaching and guiding employees to performance levels that meet/exceed client expectations and the branch’ s goals.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, mentor, and develop branch employees.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide feedback and coaching as needed for branch employees.
- Recognize personnel for a job well done, coach to improved performance, and discipline employees in a way that strengthens communication and reinforces desired behaviors.
- Participate in and/or coordinate onboarding and offboarding activities for branch employees.
- Build and manage the prospective client list for the ranch, identifying companies, key contact information, potential needs and revenue amounts to gauge the size of the prospect. Assign internal resources to each prospect and discuss strategies for how to approach them.
- Develop a targeted business plan to grow and strengthen the relationship with existing clients.
- Meet with current and prospective client executives, senior managers and/or HR representatives to determine talent acquisition objectives and goals. May participate in the business development process for smaller accounts/prospects as a means to teach and/or provide feedback to new sales employees.
- Network and promote the organization and opportunities at business expos, networking events and within professional associations.
- Develop and manage annual budgets and targeted goals for branch operations and put a plan in place on how the branch will achieve them.
- Develop branch specific sourcing strategies and recruitment plans to identify and attract talent for their current and future positions.
- Analyze and modify these plans to ensure successful attainment of branch goals.
- Bachelor’ s degree in business, HR, communications, marketing or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience in a similar position/field.
- 3+ years’ experience in a recruiting or business development role, preferably within the staffing industry.
- 3+ years’ experience in a branch management or supervisory role, preferably within the staffing industry.
- Knowledge of relevant employment laws (FLSA, Title VII, ADA, FMLA, FCRA etc.).
- Excellent time management skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and decision making skills.
- Strong results orientation, drive and commitment to excellence.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships by identifying client’ s staffing needs, formulating/presenting solutions, and delivering on promises.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills which includes the ability to coach, influence and persuade others at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems as well as Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel and Outlook.
Job Number 4997
Mee Derby is an executive search firm uniquely dedicated to serving the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters who have worked in staffing find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.