800 Gessner Rd Suite 170 Houston, TX 77024-4256 | Full-time
Director of Training and Internal Talent Acquisition - Staffing - Houston TX
Our client is a boutique staffing firm in the Houston market with roughly 30 internal associates. All professional staffing to include Admin, IT, Engineering, HR and F&A. Role is to develop classroom style training, formalize onboarding process and create strong go to market hiring plan to fuel company growth. Must have 5-7 years staffing industry experience on the operational/recruiting side.
This person will be responsible for sourcing, hiring, training, and developing the company’ s future recruiting stars!
If you are currently a senior recruiter or a branch manager, have trained team members that you work with or have hired in a desk to desk setting and are passionate about training and growing people, this job is for you!
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of successful, professional agency recruiting experience, preferably running a full desk in a fast-paced environment. This person will also have experience training and coaching new hires in a classroom and one-on-one setting. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing, fun, and collaborative environment where you can grow your career while helping client ascend to the next level.
Required experience / background:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an external (agency) recruiter. Internal corporate recruiting / training experience will not be considered for this role.
- Proven ability to coach, develop, and train new hires in classroom and one-on-one training environments.
- A strong leader, with the ability to motivate, inspire, and drive new hires to maximize their potential.
- Highly organized – demonstrated ability to effectively manage a large and diverse range of responsibilities.
- Excellent communicator – able to train and work with people of all personalities and backgrounds.
- Able to work well under pressure and to prioritize their workload to meet business needs.
- Experienced with Bullhorn ATS.
- Able to manage a high level of confidentiality.
- Source qualified candidates through various recruiting methods (online, job boards, social media, job fairs, universities).
- Create and post effective job descriptions for internal roles.
- Build relationships with and screen qualified candidates.
- Work with internal resources to develop a world-class, scalable training program.
- Develop and manage internal training guidelines and procedures.
- Onboard and train new hires in a classroom, one-on-one setting, as well as on the desk.
- Work with internal resources to develop an attractive career path for new recruiters.
- Build relationships with college campuses and career centers.
- Serve as an ongoing resource to ensure the success and continued development of all recruiters.
Aggressive base and bonus opportunity.
Job Number 4580
Mee Derby is an executive search firm dedicated to the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.