Director Cloud Services - Harrisburg, PA
2525 North Seventh Street Harrisburg, PA 17110-0967 | Full-time
Director, Cloud Services - IT, Managed Services
This is a Sales Driving Role - You must have 5-7 years of experience in IT Consulting Sales, Managed Service Sales or SAAS Sales.
Our client is a leading technology distributor of IT and electronics offering end-to-end solutions for today' s reseller and retailer and the clients they serve across the SMB and Consumer markets.
Responsible for the overall leadership and direction of Cloud Services business including go to market strategies, sales and margin goals, business development, operations, product and services portfolios, strategic account development, P&L ownership, pricing, catalog management, marketplace platforms, budgeting and team leadership. In addition, responsibilities include owning and leading key Cloud relationships including Microsoft and Google.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Take ownership and accountability for key financial metrics including: Cloud Sales & Profitability.
- Work collaboratively with Microsoft and other key partners to ensure all activities and programs generate an acceptable return on investment.
- Participate in the annual budget process and ensure the Cloud business meets its budgetary goals on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Develop an operational plan which will drive efficiency and provide value to Microsoft/other key partners and our customers to enable long term sustainable growth.
- Successfully lead a cross-functional team including vendor sales, marketing, operations, purchasing and ensure their teams are aligned to achieving departmental and company goals.
- Analyze profitability statements, sales reports, and other performance indicators and develop action plans to drive improvement with the Cloud team.
- Work collaboratively with the VP of VAR Sales and his leadership team to deliver industry best programs and services to D&H customers.
- Coach and mentor Co-Owners as appropriate to improve performance.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and Executive level relationships with Microsoft.
- Lead the development and execution of programs and services that provide differentiated value to Cloud customers.
- Meet with strategic customers to promote and sell value in supporting Cloud products and services
- Identify and develop new and innovative go to market channel programs to drive Cloud products and services.
- 5-7 Direct Reports
Education and/or experience:
- 5+ years leading sale/support teams in a VAR, Distribution, Telco, MSP or Cloud model
- Bachelor’ s Degree or Higher preferred
- Some previous experience influencing product portfolio and P&L performance.
- IT distribution experience preferred within a Cloud, Telecom or MSP business unit
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) of programs required
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Six figure base and aggressive variable compensation plan.
Job Number 4590
Mee Derby is an executive search firm dedicated to the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.