President - Executive Search Firm
New York, NY | Full-time
PRESIDENT - Retained Executive Search Firm
Our client is a leading national recruitment firm dedicated to placing top talent in public relations, communications, public affairs and marketing roles. They take pride in over 35 years of exceptional service to clients and candidates and our exemplary track record of success. They work with corporate, agency, consulting and nonprofit clients across all industries on a national basis. They pride themselves on its high touch candidate management as well as customer focus and responsiveness in client facing activities.
Our client underwent a change in ownership in October 2014. The intent of the new owners, one of the leading executive search consultants in the communications/public affairs space) is to scale the firm’ s operations to meet the needs of its already national client base. As such, our client is recruiting a President to lead the day-to-day management and operations of the business.
The President will be responsible for providing executive leadership in the areas of business development, client management, search execution and recruiter hiring. This person will utilize their experience in a profit and loss role to work with recruiters to improve their individual and collective performance while also seeking opportunities to grow the team by adding talent to address/strengthen geographic and industry markets.
Reporting to the Chairman, the President will serve as a key contributor to the team that sets the company’ s strategic direction. The President will provide insights to the business owners into the evolving world of professional recruitment and offer opportunities for the client to improve and innovate in order to best meets the needs of the Communications/Public Affairs community. They will work to develop and drive financial goals for the company.
The President will also manage a limited book of business as a contributing recruiter, building relationships for our client in the broader marketplace for corporate communications talent. As such, this individual is expected to generate revenue by developing deep and lasting relationships within their sector of expertise and/or region. S/he will build and extend client relationships by providing outstanding full-life cycle recruitment services including sourcing, screening, assessing and presenting candidates to clients in a variety of agency and corporate settings
It is preferred that this person operate out of one of our client’ s existing offices. Consideration will be made for someone with the capabilities to scale while developing an office in a market with significant business potential.
- An entrepreneurial, energetic and experienced individual who has successfully balanced the demands of leading a region or practice for a firm while also succeeding as an individual recruiter as well.
- Full-cycle recruitment experience in any of the following disciplines: corporate communications, pubic relations, investor relations, digital communications, government relations or public affairs in either an agency or corporate environment is preferred.
- Industry experience is not mandatory, but the President must prove capable of learning quickly and building new relationships within tight-knit communities.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in public relations, government, business or a related field is required.
- Demonstrate the capability to help lead and foster a high-performance culture among a group of diverse recruiters. The successful candidate will have the skills, sensitivity and personal confidence to tap into the value that each member brings to the team, while also being able to roll up their sleeves to dig into the details of our business themselves.
- Must possess experience in a client facing role and be able to consistently conduct interactions with clients in a timely, professional and responsive manner at all times. He/she must demonstrate the ability to manage clients and set expectations in most aspects of the recruitment process.
- Problem solver who will listen to our clients’ specific needs and creatively strategize where and how to source candidates that would match the client requirements. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Adept at building successful relationships with clients as well as candidates, by listening to and understanding their business needs. Armed with that knowledge he/she will provide solutions to address the need based on the individual’ s understanding of the marketplace for talent in this sector/region. S/he will have a strong desire to win and a “ hunger” to compete aggressively in the market for business.
Our client will offer the President a comprehensive compensation package including a base salary, a competitive commission structure on the engagement of new business and incentive compensation opportunity for achieving team/enterprise-wide goals. The company also pays 100% of all health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance premiums and offers a 401(k) retirement plan with match.
Job number: 4297
Mee Derby is an executive search firm dedicated to the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.