Managing Director IT Solutions Practice
McLean, VA | Full-time
Managing Director IT Solutions Practice -Cyber Security Focus - DC/Northern VA
Our client is a privately held IT Solutions provider with strengths in the Infrastructure, Desktop and CyberSecurity offerings space. This role leads a sales team and is responsible for revenue growth in the mid market space. This is not a Federal Focus opportunity. Must have experience selling non-Federal deals.
Candidates who reside in the Virginia/Maryland area will be given preference, however, this role may include relocation assistance to either northern Virginia or Maryland.
Travel: Local driving with occasional trip to Virginia Beach or Richmond
- Player-coach role that requires a hands-on sales leader with experience calling on CIO and CISO leadership within an IT organization.
- Understanding of a broad array of customer requirements in Governance, Risk and Compliance consulting; Managed Security Services; technology product and solutions.
- This leadership position will plan and execute territory sales plans for enterprise accounts, mid-market accounts, and state/local in northern Virginia and Maryland.
- Develop, enhance, promote and drive the IT security strategy for the Tier-1 market in the greater Washington Metro area stretching from Baltimore in the north to Fredericksburg in the south.
- Ensure that products and service meet gross margin and net income requirements so that the business generates net income for the company.
- Hire, manage, and retain experienced sales professionals
- Establish and manage metrics for the sales team
- Collaborate with marketing to improve security marketing and messaging and sales collateral with a focus on content development and delivery/presentation materials. This is primarily responsibility of marketing but sales must drive requirements and fine tune presentation material.
- Partner and collaborate with IT security partners such as Palo Alto, Splunk, Carbon Black, Alien Vault, Infoblox, FireEye, and others.
- Remains current and keep your team current on technical information regarding products and services as well as the competitive landscape.
- Maintain, model, and mentor consultative sales and negotiation skills through ongoing training and development.
- Delivers effective sales presentations to clients and prospects.
- Interacts with management and sales reps with regard to accurately forecast using Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Works in tandem with the Inside Sales Organization and Systems Engineers to inform the customer/prospect and demonstrate capabilities
- Responds to requests for Proposals and Requests for Information in a timely manner.
- 5+ years of experience selling security solutions to IT leadership (CIO, CISO, ISO) with a special emphasis on knowledge and experience related to information security and compliance.
- 5+ years of experience leading a sales team with demonstrated ability to meet and exceed quota
- Deep and broad technical knowledge of and experience with IT security product and managed service offerings.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges; strong analytical and excellent communications skills, verbal/presentation skills, writing skills, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to influence and guide both clients and stakeholders around business and technical strategies in the security area, and to translate from business requirements to technical solutions.
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment; outstanding interpersonal, collaboration, and teamwork skills and experience.
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal, REQUIRED
- Strong computer, written and interpersonal communications skills.
Compensation: $6 Figure Base with Aggressive Bonus Structure
Job Number: 4389
Mee Derby is an executive search firm dedicated to the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.