Director of Staffing
New York, NY | Full-time
Director of Staffing Manager, Staffing Firm
Our client is a 3-year old start-up staffing firm, currently focused on the finance/accounting industry. They specialize in permanent, contract and interim professional recruitment across a variety of industry sectors within the NYC marketplace. Their focus has been in the small-to-mid size firms with special emphasis on start-up firms of 50+ employees.
Scope of Role:
The Director of Staffing will use the skills they have developed as a high performing consultant to manage, build, and develop and a team. They will be responsible for the profitability and business activities of their team and will continually grow the business by promoting the brand to existing and prospective clients and candidates. The Manager will lead by example, place candidates with clients and support their team members in achieving and exceeding their individual financial goals.
- Manage a team of 6-7 recruiters and support staff
- Identifying potential recruitment consultants to build team
- Ensuring that new team members are supported, trained and placing candidates with clients within a reasonable timeframe.
- Attending client and candidate meetings
- Entertaining clients within and outside core business hours
- Ensuring the ATS system (Bullhorn) accurately reflects all business dealings with clients and candidates
- Providing guidance to the team on all aspects of the recruitment role and on processes and procedures
- Generate placement fees from existing and new clientele and continually seeking and identifying areas for business growth
- Generating new business by networking, promoting the brand, gathering market information and making business development calls
- Assisting with CV marketing strategy and implementation
- Understanding terms of business and negotiating fees (within pre-agreed parameters) to secure new and retain existing business
Client / Account management
- If appropriate, allocating new and existing clients to the team
- Attaining comprehensive knowledge of each client’ s organization, culture and resourcing requirements
- Ensuring regular contact with clients to build positive, productive and long-term corporate relationships
- Ensuring the recruiting team has regular contact with candidates to effectively manage their expectations
- Understanding and managing the recruiting team’ s active and inactive candidate pool
- Ensuring that the recruiting team is following up on referrals and leads
Mee Derby is an executive search firm dedicated to the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.