Business Development Manager - Life Sciences, San Diego
San Diego, CA | Full-time
Business Development Manager - Life Sciences
Explore a career with the nation’ s leading provider for temporary, temp-to-hire and contingency search/permanent placement services! The San Diego Medical and Science office is looking to add a strong Business Developer to their team.
This role is responsible for new and existing sales in the San Diego market.
The Business Developer:
- Prospects new accounts, utilizes in-person cold calls, telemarketing, and direct mail techniques to promote sales objectives and schedule appointments.
- Qualifies prospects and identifies decision makers.
- Initiates sales meetings with prospective customers to introduce company products and services with the goal of developing prospects into clients.
- Tours prospective client facilities to gain an understanding of business activities and personnel requirements of the client.
- Conducts needs analysis for potential customer, and increases sales of services by recommending the appropriate company offerings to meet customer’ s requirements.
- Conducts sales presentation and prepares written proposals highlighting offerings and solutions to the perspective customer to create a successful partnership.
- Maintains relationships with existing customers, continuously providing needs analysis and business solutions.
- Analyzes the daily sales activity of all accounts and determines areas for further opportunity and develops strategies to increase sales.
- Coordinates sales negotiations and site visits with Branch or Area Management.
- Applies business planning process principles in account development, and makes presentations to management as required.
- Forecasts anticipated sales and provides input to regional account objectives and recommends strategy development for Branch and Area Management.
- Maintains records of all client sales activities and follow-up requirements, keeping management informed of accomplishments, issues, and new opportunities.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Company brand awareness through advertising, networking, public relations activities, and job fairs.
- Maintains a balanced portfolio of business in accordance with the territory business plan and Company goals, and continually strives to improve margins.
- Assists management in appraising market conditions by obtaining information on competitors’ activity, pricing strategy, product/service offerings and assignment employee availability.
- Leads or assists with daily/weekly sales meetings.
- Provides assistance as a mentor to sales staff, and acts as escalation point for complex issues.
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years successful outside sales experience and/or one year sales experience required
- Excellent communication, customer service, and sales presentation skills required.
- Must have working knowledge of Company’ s offerings, products and services.
- Must be capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously; meeting deadlines; setting own priorities; and making cold calls.
- Must be able to travel extensively within assigned territory and have the ability to interface with all levels of staff and management.
This is a high priority hire for our client; for immediate consideration, email us today!
Job Number 4432
Mee Derby is an executive search firm dedicated to the staffing industry. For nearly three decades, we've helped thousands of executives, managers, senior sales and senior recruiters find their place in this robust industry. You spend your days helping people find the perfect job. Don’t you deserve a partner who can do the same for you? Leverage our hard-won connections to take the next step in your staffing career.